I’m beating myself up over not being a good enough teacher!
I don’t get my grading done quickly enough! I’m not challenging the kids enough! I’m not teaching the right things rigorously enough! I’m not e-mailing parents enough! I’m asking too much of the kids! I’m expecting too much without enough reinforcement! I’m a giant time-wasting asshole who shouldn’t be allowed in the classroom!
But also the kids aren’t smart enough! The parents aren’t supportive enough! I’m not paid enough! I don’t have enough time! I never wanted to be a teacher, anyway! Everything sucks forever augggggghhhhhh!!!
How do you get out of the negativity spiral? How do you find balance and still feel like you are doing a good job?
- dreamingfear likes this
- funnyphotos4free likes this
- homzition likes this
- oinkybiankydonkey likes this
- fabyanninha answered: the guy will throw his head resting on the pillow a little calm .
- fabyanninha likes this
- marajadejk answered: Focus on the positives, and sometimes you have to leave your work at school. Keep a bright spirit and the kids will catch it. Enjoy quiet
- claudiabalderrama reblogged this from novicephoenix
- mrcjacks likes this
- thegrownuplife likes this
- oldflman likes this
- topartywithgatsby likes this
- engmaj answered: Parents need to be patient. Remember grading is time consuming don’t stay up all night doing it. Ask an experienced for pointers on lessons
- tantalizingtidbits answered: I feel this way a lot. I just remember I don’t remember a lot from high school and I am a very smart person. I just hope one kid gets curious
- tantalizingtidbits likes this
- tomesaway answered: The way I keep my sanity is to pick my battles and take care of myself. Get enough sleep. Eat regular, healthy meals. The rest will come. :)
- knowledgesponge likes this
- iamlittlei answered: Have some wine/beer/chocolate, go to bed early, and remember that you can only do what you can. The kids are going to be fine.
- wolfoftheblackrose answered: “The kids aren’t smart enough” that line just made me lose all sympathy for the original poster.
- gigifoundatardis reblogged this from missbtales and added:
- This was featured in #Education
- coloursinaflower reblogged this from missbtales and added:
- duckfoot75 answered: It looks kinda blurry because I look at it through the bottom of a glass.
- missmeedow answered: Sme time totally by myself with no one around, getting to read a great book or fanfic and eating a bowl of ice cream in bed wth the heater on
- madison-emmy likes this
- novicephoenix reblogged this from missbtales and added:
- novicephoenix answered: Take a breath and take time to rest. It seems counterintuitive because you have so much to do, but what does rest look like to you? It’ll
- missbtales posted this